Sunday, July 5, 2009

More Parades and 4th of July Fun

We went to a total of three parades this year. Next year, we'll probably limit it to two - the two least crowded parades (Michael didn't have much fun at the crowded one because he couldn't see very well, even when on Daddy's shoulders).

Parade #2:
Eating some snacks and watching for the motorcycles.


I hear the motorcycles! They're coming!






Did you see that? I got a "High Five" from every single motorcycle cop! Now that's how you start a parade!


Love all the horses. Are people that small supposed to ride them?


Hey, look! A cowboy! And is that a cow?


Yup, that's a cow.


And he's waving at me!


What's good after a parade? Stealing daddy's salad.


Maybe I'll let him have a few bites...after all, he thought he'd get to eat the whole thing.


I got to stay up so late, I even watched the sunset! Cool colors.



Parade #3:
There's motorcycle cops, but no "High Fives" this time.


There's lots of people in front me. Maybe I can see better if I stand on daddy's chair.


It's hot. I think I like morning parades better.


There's our friend Kalidawn again. She must like parades as much as we do.


There's the bagpipes. Momma likes bagpipes...too bad the announcer kept talking over them.


Is it time to go home yet?


Maybe if I try to climb in the stroller they'll take me home.



4th of July!
What better way to start the holiday than a flyover?


Balloon hats! I like being like daddy...but I also like popping balloons.


Mini horses??? I won't smile...I won't smile....


That was fun! And look, there's more!


This kind of horse goes in a circle and goes up and down!




Hmm. This train was more fun to look at than ride.


A flying turtle?!? I will not smile...I will not smile....


Look at all those cars!


Haha! I got the blue one!


Uh-oh. Momma almost caught me smiling.


A roller coaster that looks like a bug? This might be fun.


What's taking so long? I'm ready!


This is my favorite ride ever!




These poor girls are scared. Hahaha!




Daddy actually thought I'd be scared on this ride. I want to go again!


Ooooooh...motorcycle.... Thanks, Sponge-Rob!


Grandma and Grandpa's house is fun - Braden and Uncle Mike even brought fireworks!


Braden liked the stinky one.


I want to play, too!


After a short nap, time for fireworks.




It's been a long day, and we didn't want to fight crowds at the park. But we can see the fireworks from the cemetery.




Some of the fireworks looked like they were exploding out of the big house behind the cemetery.


I can make lots of noise, too.

No comments: